The all-new men's Maverick X is the fastest men's wetsuit ever built. With a renewed support core with its distinctive shoulder flexibility, the X improves power transfer from the hips to the shoulders and streamlines your body from head to toe in a way that no swimming wetsuit has ever done - while Revolution X allows you to swim freely and naturally ARMS -UP ™ construction and RSX ™ midline buoyancy. If you are on a mission to SWIM FASTER, this is your suit
MAVERICK X TECHNOLOGIES:
- ARMS-UP ™ CONSTRUCTION: By structuring the wetsuit pattern with the arms above the head instead of on the side, mobility is increased at every stage of your stroke. Our patented design eliminates shoulder restraints to help you swim faster with less fatigue. The difference is striking.
- IXI TAPING & TRICOT LINER: just as a stiff bike delivers more of your precious watt on the pavement, the Maverick X delivers more of your efforts to guide you through the water. Our all-new Tricot lining and the patented IXI Taping help connect the movements of your upper and lower body, improve strength, and convey discouraging fishing, especially as your core muscles get tired deep into a long dive. This advanced feature can only be found on the Maverick X.
- RSX ™ CENTERLINE BUOYANCY: The patented technology that ROKA wetsuits first catapulted for the field: more buoyancy along the midline of your body; less buoyancy on the perimeter. This allows you to have a faster side-to-side rotation and eliminate dead spots in the freestyle. The RSX construction in the Maverick X gives the smoothest, most natural rotation of any Maverick wet suit.
- DIFFERENTIAL EVIDENCE PROFILE: By removing excess buoyancy from the chest (you have lungs for it) and adding it exactly where you need it (lower body), the suit moves your buoyancy lower, preventing sinking legs and you in a perfect horizontal position comes swimming position.
- LINING MATERIALS: all our wetsuits are designed from the inside. It is often overlooked that the textile linings on the inside of a wet suit have more limited stretch profiles than neoprene, and therefore have a greater impact on the flexibility of the suit than the rubber itself. Our suits are built with premium linings that are optimized for mechanics, stretch, support, comfort and low absorption.
- INDEPENDENT NECK SUSPENSION: our neck panel eliminates seams to move the neck of the suit to improve comfort and reduce abrasion.
- SCS NANO COATING: SCS (Super Composite Skin) Hydrophobic Nano coating reduces surface barrier for more speed and also improves durability.
- NEOPRENE COMPOSITION: We use only the very best neoprene in the world from the Yamamoto Corporation based in Japan. Yamamoto neoprene is limestone-based and has a different cell structure than the more common petroleum-based neoprenes. It is wider, returns better to shape and offers an excellent ratio between insulation and weight. Yamamoto makes neoprene qualities with variable performance and we strategically use different different neoprene (for different reasons) in different thicknesses in our colors. The result is an optimized speed, core temperature control and comfort.
- STRETCH WOVEN FOREARM PANEL : The Maverick X uses a premium stretch woven textile from Italy, developed for the super-suit era when swimming. The woven textile offers more strength and natural compression than a traditional knitted fabric, which results in greater durability and speed. The purpose of the textile forearm is to maximize proprioception - or feeling - in the water. Swimming is all about feeling for the water. Experienced swimmers believe that strategically placed textiles provide a better "feel" for the water than plain or coated neoprene.
- QUICK RELEASE ANKLE PANELS : The rear ankle panels of our suits use a 2 mm panel at the bottom of the leg to help you kick your heel out of the range in T1. You may not notice a difference in a dressing room with a dry suit, but if you are up to speed in T1, your suit will fly away with the right technique and practice. Our ankle panels are warmly glued for extra durability and to enable you to neatly shorten the legs, if customization is required.
- Neoprene diving suits will be a bit looser in the water. Even if your suit feels tight on land, it may feel right in the water.
- Neoprene can stretch a little more when it is warmed up.
- If you apply more than one size, the shrinking ensures that you fit tightly and that you need 10-12 minutes to put on the suit properly.
- The suit must feel tight, but if it restricts your breathing or restricts shoulder movement in the water, you must tailor it.
- Expect to have someone to help you zip up the suit. Needing help with the zipper is a sign of a fit.
- Use the pads of your fingers to prevent fingernail cracks.
- Are you in between sizes? We recommend that you go one size up.