The Forerunner 955 series is the successor to the Forerunner 945. This premium running and triathlon smartwatch follows in the line of the Forerunner 55, Forerunner 255 and Forerunner 745. The Forerunner 955 is for the triathlete who likes to be ahead of the game and take his or her running and triathlon skills to the next level.
Thanks to the Training Readiness feature, you'll know when you're ready for a productive training session. Daily recommended workouts are customized to your performance and recovery, in addition to the Race Widget that offers training tips, course details and finish time predictions.
The new Forerunner 955 series has even more new added features. We're happy to list them for you!
- Solar charging*: Extend the battery life with Power Glass solar charging. You can get up to 20 days of battery life in smartwatch mode.
- Touchscreen interface: swipe quickly through your maps, statistics and more. The traditional 5-button design can be used separately or in conjunction with the touchscreen.
- Multi-band GPS: Stay on course in the most challenging environments with multi-band, multi-satellite system tracking.
- Training ReadinessGet a training readiness score based on your sleep quality, recovery and workload, among other factors. This allows you to determine if it's a good day for a vigorous effort or if you should take it easy.
- HRV statusGain more insight into your overall health, training and recovery through heart rate variability during sleep, based on technology developed by our Firstbeat Analytics™ team.
- Morning ReportGet an overview of your sleep HRV status, training fitness and weather as soon as you wake up. You can even customize your report to see only what you want to see.
- Race widget: Prepare for your next race with training tips, personalized daily recommended workouts and finish time predictions based on course data, weather and performance.
Real-time stamina insightsn: Use this data to track and distribute your effort and avoid overtraining at the beginning of your running session or bike ride.
- Running Power: If you have a Running Dynamics Pod or HRM Pro™monitor uses, it continuously measures on your wrist how much power you apply on the road while running.