The Wahoo KICKR CORE Trainer 2018 is the new bicycle trainer from Wahoo and positions itself between the competitively priced KICKR Snap and KICKR Power Trainer. With a heavy flywheel, a power of 1800 watts and a maximum slope of 16 percent this powerhouse is hardly inferior to the top trainer of Wahoo, but you can still expect a trainer with a very competitive price-quality ratio. This CORE together with the Kickr Power is also the quietest bike trainer on the market. This trainer offers a realistic and accurate training experience as you would expect from Wahoo. The construction is made of robust stainless steel and is therefore very solid and durable. Easily record your speed, power and distance with the internal power meter. The trainer communicates via Bluetooth Smart and ANT +. This makes it very easy to connect with various devices and programs, including sports watches, sensors, bicycle computers, Zwift and TrainerRoad. Thanks to the integrated LED lights you can immediately see which connections are active. This KICKR is particularly robust and stands firmly on its legs, so that you can give everything to kick away the resistance up to 1800 watts.
Note: A cassette is not supplied as standard and can be ordered separately . The Wahoo KICKR Core Trainer 2018 is suitable for 8, 9, 10 and 11-speed Shimano and SRAM cassettes.
- Interactive direct drive bicycle trainer
- Super accurate (+/- 2%)
- Equipped with large flywheel for even more realistic training
- Simulates rise percentages up to 16% (1800W)
- Resistance type: electromagnetic
- Together with the Kickr Power the quietest bike trainer on the market
- Communicates via Bluetooth Smart, ANT + and ANT + FE-C
- Compatible with Android, iPhone, Mac, Windows computers and various sports watches and computers
- LED lights to see which connections are active
- Can be combined with Shimano / SRAM 8, 9, 10 and 11-speed cassettes (not included)
- Ideal to combine with the Wahoo Training Mat and Wahoo KICKR Desk
- Compatible with Wahoo KICKR Climb and KICKR Headwind
- Intermediate (wireless) software updates for optimum cycling experience
- Almost every bike quick and easy to assemble
- Solid steel construction for years of training pleasure without problems
- iOS version 8 or higher
- iPhone 4S, iPad 3rd gen, iPod touch 5th gen, or newer
- Android 4.3 or higher and with Bluetooth Low Energy
- Mac and Windows need ANT + USB dongle or Bluetooth Low Energy
KICKR CLIMB Compatible
The KICKR CORE is compatible with the KICKR CLIMB. With the CLIMB you can simulate descents and climbs during your virtual races or interval training. This gives you the ultimate indoor training experience.
The Wahoo KICKR CORE trainer 2018 is compatible with many training programs. This allows you as a user to choose a program that fits your needs. Suitable programs include Zwift, TrainerRoad, Kinomap, Virtual Training, and Velo Trainer. The large selection of apps and software in combination with the Bluetooth Smart and ANT + connection ensures that you can get started with various devices, such as your Windows computer, Mac, iPhone, iPad, tablet or Android Phone.
Suitable for almost all bicycles
The KICKR Core is suitable for almost every type of bicycle! Bicycles with wheel sizes from 24 to 29 inches are supported. Most triathlon and time trial bikes are also suitable. Does your bike have a mounting width of 130 and 135 mm and 142x12 and 148x12 with a thru axle adapter? Even then you can use the Wahoo KICKR Core without any problems!
Free training programs
To get acquainted with the different training programs, you will receive several free accounts for a test period when purchasing a KICKR:
- Strava Premium 60 days free
- TrainerRoad 30 days free
- Suffer Fest 60 days free
- Sift 7 days for free
- Kinomap 60 days free
- Rouvy 30 days free