Science in Sport Beta Fuel has been developed to deliver the maximum amount of carbohydrate in a 2:1 ratio of Maltodextrin to Fructose whilst limiting gastrointestinal distress.
The product mixed to concentration is 80 grams carbohydrate (2:1 maltodextrin:fructose), 20 mmol/L sodium and 500 ml of fluid per serving.
- 2:1 ratio maltodextrin:fructose
- 80g total carbohydrate
- pH neutral
- Natural flavours and sweetener
- Added Sodium, Potassium, Magnesium and Calcium
Why is it called Beta Fuel? In development, a beta test is the second phase of testing in which a sampling of the intended audience tests a product or service. Beta Fuel has been in elite testing since summer 2017 and we will continue to gather elite insight and complete performance trials throughout 2018.
How does Beta Fuel work? A rate limiting factor of exogenous carbohydrate utilisation during exercise is the transportation of the nutrients across the intestinal wall. Once the sodium-dependent transporter, used to transport maltodextrin, is saturated at 60g per hour, additional carbohydrate in the form of fructose can be absorbed through another transporter, GLUT5.
Fuelling long endurance events (greater than 2.5 hours) requires 60-90 g of carbohydrate per hour. Beta Fuel has been developed to deliver these high levels of carbohydrate with minimal risk of GI issues.Why 2:1 now for Science in Sport?2:1 ratio sports drinks aren't new; however, historically they're delivered in hypertonic solutions meaning a high risk of stomach upsets which is why we've avoided as a brand. Now, following a development cycle alongside Team Sky, 2018 Giro D'Italia Winners, Beta Fuel is a breakthrough technology delivering the optimal dosage of carbohydrate whilst maintaining an isotonic solution.
What's the recommended usage for Beta Fuel? Mix one serving of Beta Fuel with 500ml fluid and drink little & often during exercise to meet fuelling requirements. No complicated directions, our drink isn't limited by a need to use a specific type of water like other niche brands, simply mix & go.
||Per Serving 84g
|of which saturates
|of which sugar
*Reference untake of an average adult (8400kj/2000kcal)
Maltodextrin (from Maize), Fructose, Sodium Chloride, Natural Flavouring, Calcium Lactate, Potassium Chloride, Sodium Citrate, Magnesium Citrate, Natural Sweetener (Steviol Glycosides).
- MAXIMUM ISOTONIC ENERGY : Added fructose enables the body to absorb 90g carbohydrate per hour, 50% more than the 60g per hour achievable with glucose alone.
- MINIMAL GI DISTRESS: Unique isotonic formula means that high levels of carbohydrate can be absorbed with minimal risk of gastrointestinal issues.
- NATURALLY FLAVOURED: Available in Orange or Lemon Lime. Suitable for vegan, coeliac, lactose-free, gluten-free, wheat-free and nut-free diets.
- NO COMPLICATIONS: Ideal for endurance exercise lasting over 2.5hours and where refuelling is difficult. Simply mix & go.
- INFORMED SPORT CERTIFIED: World's Most Advanced Banned Substance Testing Programme
- Science in Sport Beta Fuel
- Maurten Drink Mix 320
- High5 Energy Drink