The HRM-Run heart rate monitor provides Garmin Forerunner high-end running watches with the most advanced running data. The small, lightweight module fits within the width of the comfortable, easily adjustable strap.
HRM-Run provides 6 different running dynamics data:
- Cadence - the number of steps per minute
- Vertical oscillation - the "step height" in your running motion; the vertical movement of your upper body, measured in centimeters at each step.
- Ground contact time - the time you make contact with the ground while running, measured in milliseconds.
- Ground contact time balance - the balance between the time your left and right foot make contact with the ground while running (shown as a percentage); for example 53.2 with a left or right arrow.
- Step length - the distance between your footsteps, measured in meters
- Vertical ratio - the ratio between vertical oscillation and stride length (expressed as a percentage); a lower percentage usually indicates a better running condition.
This real-time data gives athletes insight into where they can improve their running condition to deliver better performance.
- Unit dimensions (LxWxD): 60.0 - 142.0 x 3.0 x 1.2 cm
- Weight: 59 g
- Module size: 29.4 x 51.4 x 8.5 mm
- Module weight: 49 g
- Size adjustment: Bi-fold
- Sizing range: 60.0 - 142.0 cm
- Battery: CR2032
- Battery life: Up to 1 year (approx. 1 hour per day)
- Water rating: 5 ATM
- ANT+ heart rate: yes
- Supports heart rate variability and advanced heart rate features: yes
- 2.4 GHz ANT wireless communication protocol: yes
- Running dynamics: yes
- Stores and forwards heart rate: no
- Swim interval heart rate statistics: no
- Non-slip design for pool swimming: no
- Pool chemical resistant: no