The Garmin HRM-Pro is a functional electronics accessory. The heart rate sensor measures your heart rate with great accuracy. The HRM-Pro replaces the older Garmin HRM-Run, the heart rate sensor for runners and HRM-Tri, the heart rate sensor especially for triathletes. In terms of looks, the HRM-Pro is similar to its predecessors, but in terms of functions, the HRM-Pro is quite a step forward. The HRM-Pro sensor is Bluetooth enabled, making it easy to connect to smartphones, sports watches and devices that support Bluetooth connectivity.
The heart rate sensor measures, among other things, your cadence (the number of steps per minute), ground contact time (the time you make contact with the ground while running), ground contact time balance (the balance between the time your left and right foot make contact with the ground), stride length and vertical oscillation (the 'step height' in your run, i.e. the vertical movement of the upper body). This is what the old HRM-Tri did, the main difference is that the HRM-Pro can send this data via ANT+ and Bluetooth. This gives you more options when training, whether you are indoors or outdoors. The HRM-Pro has the ability to make two Bluetooth Low Energy connections, allowing you to use Bluetooth to send your data to your smartphone as well as a sports watch, fitness device or other Bluetooth-enabled device. An ANT+ connection is also possible.
Do you prefer to train without other devices around and leave your phone and sports watch at home? The HRM-Pro stores all data on its internal memory. With the Store-and-Forward function, the heart rate sensor automatically sends all data to your sportswatch or phone after your workout. If you wear the HRM-Pro without a paired sport watch, the sensor also stores other information such as number of steps taken, calories burned and intensity of training sessions.
The HRM-Tri is water resistant up to 5 ATM or 50 metres. Like the older HRM-Tri, the HRM-Pro can also accurately measure your heart rate under water, making it an ideal heart rate sensor for triathletes. The battery in the HRM-Pro lasts about a year with average use (about 1 hour of use per day). The battery is easy to change.
- Unit dimensions (LxWxD): 60.0 x 3.0 x 1.2 cm
- Weight: 59 g
- Module dimensions: 29.4 x 51.4 x 8.5 mm
- Module weight: 49 g
- Strap length adjustment: Double fold
- Strap length range: 60.0-106.0 cm; 60.0-142.0 cm with optional strap extension
- Battery: CR2032
- Battery life: 12 months (1 hour triathlon training per day)
- Water resistance rating: 5 ATM
- Operating temperature: -10C - 50C
- Radio frequency/protocol: 2.4 GHz ANT protocol for wireless communication; Bluetooth Wireless
- Technology 5.Range: 3 m
- System compatibility: ANT+, Bluetooth
- ANT+ heart rate: Yes
- BLE heart rate: YesSupports heart rate changes and advanced heart rate functions: Yes
Advanced running dynamics: Yes
- Self-paced activity monitoring (steps, heart rate throughout the day, calories, and minutes of intensity)
- Support for Physio TrueUp
- Store and forward heart rate: Yes
Heart rate statistics swim interval: Yes