Will you soon be starting a triathlon or race on your bike abroad? Or are you going to ride a nice tour there? Especially if you travel by plane or train, protecting your bike with a suitcase is recommended or even mandatory. Then you can rent a bike case from ASW. On this page you can read everything about how to rent a bike case. You can also reserve a bike case right away.
When do you need a suitcase?
If you travel by train or plane, it is highly recommended or even mandatory to pack your bike well. This way you prevent damage to your bike and disappointment upon arrival at your destination.
Bike Guard Curv features
The Curv Bike Guard is the lightest case on the market and suitable for both your racing bike, triathlon bike and 29" mountain bike. The Curv is a so called hard case, in which you can pack your bike extra strong.
The case is light and strong, making it ideal for a long trip.
With straps on the inside of the shells, you can keep the bike and wheels in place. Extra filling elements in the case ensure that your bike is super well protected and you can take along lots of extra clothing and accessories.
Rent a bike case for your race or tour at ASW
- The world's lightest full-sized, hard bike case at 8.2 kg
- Made of self-reinforced Curv® material, suitable for road, mountain and triathlon bikes, with 29-inch wheel protectors
- 100% Polypropylene (PP), a material that is environmentally friendly, weather resistant and recyclable
- Curv® material is 12x stronger than ABS plastic, highly impact resistant, abrasion resistant, strong and durable - even at low temperatures
- Up to 50% lighter compared to fibre reinforced composites or ABS plastic
- Four easy-rolling wheels, two that rotate freely and two that are attached
- Four handles: one adjustable pull handle, one pull handle for pulling on two wheels, two handles for carrying
- For simplified packing, the top shell can be removed completely; the locking of the two sides protects the case against 'slide-by' compression
- lockable with TSA pad-locks (not included)
- the upper and lower shells can be placed inside each other and stacked
Do you have a triathlon, race or cycling tour in your agenda? Then don't wait too long to book your bike case.
You can order your bike case in this way:
- Select the day you want to pick up your bike case
- Select the day on which you want to return the bike case
- Add the bike case to your shopping basket
- Follow the steps to place your order
- You will receive an order confirmation by e-mail
- Collection of the bike case
You can pick up your hired bike case in our shop in Amsterdam. A bike box cannot be sent because of its size.
Using the bike case and the deposit
If you rent a good as new bike box from ASW, we assume that you will handle it carefully. When renting, we charge a deposit of €100 per box. If the bike case is returned clean, undamaged and complete with all accessories, the deposit will be refunded immediately.
Please note: ASW cannot be held responsible for damage or loss of a bicycle when using the bike case.
Returning the bike case
After you have used the bike case and the rental period ends, we assume that you return the case to us without delay, so that we can rent it out to another cyclist.
You return the case in this way:
- Clean the case after your trip
- Has the case been damaged? Please let us know as soon as possible (before returning the bike) by e-mail.
- with a photo
- Bring the case back to the shop
- Hire price as credit for the purchase of a new bike case
Did you like the use of the bike case? And would you like to buy your own bike box? Then we are happy to help you buy a new bike case. Within 6 months after renting a box, you will receive the rental price (excl. shipping costs) from us as a discount on the purchase price of your new box. Please contact us before you buy a box so we can arrange the discount for you.
Do you have any questions, requests or comments?
Then you can reach us via email@example.com, our chat or by phone 020-2610270. Good luck with cycling!